Last updated: February 28, 2020
Information Collection and Use
Below are the types of Personal Information that we may collect from you.
A. Information you provide to us
We and our service providers collect information that you choose to provide when you use the Site, including when you contact us through the Site, sign up to receive emails or other communications from us, apply for a job, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request. This can include but is not limited to: (a) your name, e-mail address, or other [business] contact information; (b) information you provide when submitting an employment application form; and (c) other information you provide us when you contact us, such as markets, products and services of interest. Any information collected about you from the Site can, from time to time, be associated with other identifying information we have about you.
B. Information automatically collected from you
We and our service providers (including Google Analytics) automatically collect certain technical information from your computer when you use the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your computer’s operating system, the pages you view through the Site, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Site, the length of time that you spend using the Site, and the search terms you enter through the Site. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Site using the same computer, and to improve the Site and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies” (see “Cookies” section below).
C. Information from outside sources
In certain instances, we collect information about you from other sources, such as information about you that you have made public on social media sites.
Use of Data
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- providing you with information you request, such as sending you information you’ve asked for or processing your employment application;
sending you emails containing newsletters or other information that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information about the Site or required notices;
- contacting you and complying with the applicable laws regarding this type of information or responding to your inquiries;
- customizing your experience when using the Site, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements through the Site and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Site, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site; and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of any terms of us, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Site or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information for commercial purposes, although we may sell anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data which does not identify you.
We will not disclose any Personal Information, including your name, contact information, or any other information associated with those data elements, we collect about or from you through the Site to any third parties without your consent, except as follows:
- to any of our affiliates and companies and individuals that provide services to us and on our behalf (“Service Providers”) including, but not limited to, service providers such as background check vendors that evaluate your eligibility for employment opportunities to which you apply, search engine and social media optimization services, data analysis firms, email and SMS vendors, web-hosting and development companies, and our webmasters or cloud services providers, attorneys, auditors, and others who are hired to store, process or analyze the data collected through the Site, provided that such Service Providers shall only use the information to carry out the function being provided for us or on our behalf;
- as required by law including, but not limited to, to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, or court order served on us;
- to affiliates, Service Providers, advisors, and other third parties in connection with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
We occasionally disclose aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable to third parties.
Where Information Is Stored
Information collected through the Site will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your information as your home country and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside of the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries.
By using the Site, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries. If you do not want your information transferred outside of the non-U.S. country in which you reside, you should not use the Site.
Retention of Personal Information
We store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically.
Links to Other Websites
You acknowledge and agree that we do not control, and are not responsible for, the collection and use of your information by such third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
When you use the Site, we collect information about you by using cookies, tracking pixels and other technologies. We may use this information to better understand, customize and improve user experience with our websites, services and other offerings. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier.
Depending on their purpose, some cookies will only operate for the length of a single browsing session, while others have a longer life span to ensure that they fulfill their longer-term purposes. Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies or reject cookies, to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser, or to delete cookies that have already been set. If your browser is set to reject cookies, certain aspects of the Site that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and some Site functionality may be lost. The “Help” section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies, you may visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Notice to California Residents
Under California law, California residents may request a list of all third parties to whom we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to receive such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any such request, include the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state and zip code. Please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You must also attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not have complete information.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you can do so at any time by clicking on the relevant “unsubscribe” link included along with the emails you receive from us or by letting us know at the contact information provided below.
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you believe any credentials you use to access the Site have been compromised, please change them and let us know as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to change this Policy. When we make changes to the Policy, we will indicate the date of the change in the “Last Updated” section of this Policy and indicate the nature of the changes, or notify you directly if we deem it appropriate or required by law. Your continued use of the Site following our posting of the changes will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
Unicorr Packaging Group
455 Sackett Point Road
North Haven, CT 06473